Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

As a child I was plagued with indecision. Should I wear the blue dress or the red dress? Should I go to the park with a friend or shouldn't I? After I began traveling internationally as a teen without my parents I really came into my own and becoming an RN at the age of 19 also played heavily in my decision making. Lives depended on making split second decisions and making the right decisions.

I am so glad that as I have aged and matured, I doubt myself less and less. When I made the decision to adopt last year, I knew it was the right decision. When I shared it with people and they asked me if I was making the right decision, I didn't hesitate to say that I was. There is a grace in growing older and knowing that you are right. That's not to say that I win every argument I make, that's not what being right is all about. For me, I know that the decisions I make every day are the right ones. The only things I question at this stage in life are menial...did I spend too much on that chair? Should I have gone to Marsh instead of Kroger for my produce? I don't rethink or process things like I used to as a child or young adult. I know when I have made the right decision even when others may think differently. I appreciate the knowledge and personal experience that they are trying to impart on me, but Thank God I know myself well enough to know what is right for me.

No comments: