Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Leaving on a big jet plane


No, not really. I am actually driving to Wisconsin tomorrow to visit Kristen (see the blog to the right called This Angel Child of Mine). I'm so excited!!! Three days of baby related stuff with someone who knows this journey as well as I do. We are planning to paint her nursery and do some major damage to the wallet. I've been so careful to save my money through out this adoption that I haven't shopped or really bought anything for MayLing. Fortunately Kristen laid some ground rules and as long as I can fit it in the car, it's ok to buy it.

Today is my 4th month anniversary of my LID. I had actually forgotten about it until Kristen emailed her congrats. I think I've been so excited about going to WI and visiting her that I just...forgot. It's almost a small blessing to forget these milestones and so sweet to be surprised in such a way...like a surprise birthday party. The birthday still comes along each year, but the surprise parties are far more rare.

The tattoo is looking better. It's far less red and I've decided that it was probably the lanolin in the Lubriderm that was making it so red and irritable. It always seemed to feel worsen after lotioning. I once used baby wipes to clean my hands and I remember thinking that it really burned my skin and I couldn't understand why anyone would put that on a baby's butt. So, no more Lubriderm and it started to feel better. It's beginning to peel and it's really strange to see chunks of blue skin starting to fall off. Yep, I look like a Smurf with Leprosy.

No comments: