Sunday, February 4, 2007

To China, With Love


I got home a little after 5 pm on Friday, anxiously awaiting the e-mail that said "dossier to country" or "dossier to China". I was a bit disappointed until I remembered that we are an hour ahead of Evansville and Kristina still had nearly an hour to get it done. Minutes later there it was, "dossier sent to China on February 2nd, 2007". Wheww, what a relief. Now I just have to sit tight and wait for my LID to come in. I finally understand what Kristen meant by still feeling anxious. I certainly understand that now. I just keep reminding myself that God has this all planned out. It was He that switched my heart from adamantly against adopting as a single mom to embracing and welcoming single motherhood.
Today in church Matt asked us to bow our heads and clear our minds. We were instructed to wait for a verse that was meant to strengthen us and maybe be a blessing to someone else. As soon as he said that the words to Jeremiah 19:11 popped into my head "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to give you hope and a future." Before I could respond someone else opened the prayer session with it. Nearly each verse that was read after that seemed directed towards me and I felt such peace. He can provide things beyond what we know to ask for. I need to have faith that He will build my family and keep us safe.
In the meantime, I'm in full nesting mode. I went to Marsh last night and bought a ton of groceries (I'm really tired of living off Lean Cuisine entrees). I made a mixed vegetable salad, party mix for the SuperBowl party, crockpot beef stroganoff, cabbage & sausage soup, mexican porkchops and lots of fresh fruit. I've also started cleaning! All I can say is it's about time. I never felt like I had the time to devote to during the paperchase. Hopefully this will keep my mind occupied and my hands busy.

No comments: