Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Who's Having the Best Day Ever? (aka LID day)


What a phenomenal day! This morning a co-worker pulled me aside and said, "I had a dream about you and I really feel like I need to tell you. Normally I wouldn't share dreams, but I had two people tell me they dreamed that I was pregnant before I knew that I was pregnant. ERICA, I dreamed you were pregnant the other night. Are you dating someone?"
I looked at her not quite sure how to respond and finally said, "I'm not pregnant, but I am expecting a child." I then proceeded to tell her about my adoption plans and swore her to secrecy (I don't want my co-workers knowing because I really can not handle having 15 different people every day ask me when MayLing will arrive).

Then, two hours later I got paged to an unfamiliar number and Kristina's beautiful voice told me that I have a log in date (LID) of February 12, 2007! I thought she was going to tell me there was a problem and China was requesting more information, but I have an LID!!!!! My dossier was sent to China on February 2nd. My dossier arrived in China on February 5th and FTIA's China Team walked them into the CCAA (China Center of Adoptive Affairs) on that date. And yesterday they officially logged me into their system. Now, I am officially waiting. They are predicting families will receive referrals 16 months from the time they are LID, but with the new guidelines going into affect May 1st, I am really hopeful that I will receive a referral before that.

I am so stinkin' excited I can't even stand myself! If that wasn't great enough, as I was leaving work this afternoon I saw the Ellis Florist van pull up in front of the building....he was delivering Valentine's Day flowers for me from my parents!

Last week I was in a funk that Terri calls the Post-Dossier Blues, but now that I have my LID I finally feel free to get busy on some projects. I really felt rather paralyzed and unable to begin anything until I knew I had something to begin. First order of business, cleaning out MayLing's bedroom this weekend. I will have a Chinese New Year/LID/nursery painting party in a few weeks and then I will finally be able to get busy with baby stuff!!!

Thank you to everyone who has had to listen to complain over the last 6 weeks. All your patient smiles are greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I'm so excited for you. I'll be calling tomorrow (Wednesday) for sure. especially since I can't attend the Valentine's get together.
Suzi