Thursday, February 22, 2007

Well, Duh

Sorry I haven't posted much this week. It certainly hasn't been because I've not had anything to report, because I have, but I just haven't felt well. Tuesday I was hit with some sort of intestinal bug, but it didn't seem like the average flu bug. I've had stomach and intestinal cramping with the, uh, usual consequences (I really don't think I need to go into any more detail, folks). Today I was still feeling ill with the same problems and ibuprofen was not helping. Here's where the duh part comes in.

While I was in Bedford today checking in on one of the my hospitals, I was speaking to a case manager who was telling me that the hospital was full of pukes and poops. I then relayed to her the story of a couple of our employees who several weeks ago were enjoying their daily dip into the community vat of peanut butter and all became quite ill within a few hours. It was shortly after that that we learned that Peter Pan had recalled some of their peanut butter and our vat was one of those that was under the recall.

Are you connecting the dots.....well, keep following along

I do enjoy peanut butter and had purchased two jars of Peter Pan last November/December in anticipation of all my holiday baking. I haven't touched the jar since Christmas, but when I get low on groceries or are too lazy to cook as I was earlier this week, I just start to eat it from the jar. Well, I got home this evening and looked up the recall information and sure enough, my two precious jars of peanut butter are part of the nationwide salmonella recall. I had my last swallow of peanut butter this morning and I really hope that I start to feel better tomorrow after the ick clears through my system. So, for those of you out there who think it can't happen to you (as I thought), the recall number for the Peter Pan Peanut Butter begins with 2111. Now go check your cabinets!

No comments: