Monday, April 30, 2007

What's with this crazy Indiana weather? It was 87 degrees today...I'm not kidding. Even though it is nearly 10 pm, it is still 81 degrees. I refuse to turn the AC on yet. I should at least hold out until May 1st, but this is crazy. It was freezing just a few days ago. Oh well.

It's been a while since my last post, I'm so sorry my devoted 3 readers. It felt like the week dragged on last week, but I guess it really didn't or I would have been more diligent about updating my blog.

Thanks to Tony and Marshall, I now have a garden! I'm being optimistic, but soon I will have a garden. Marshall was nice to lend his truck to Tony and Tony was a doll for letting me borrow the "Master" tiller. Actually, I didn't really borrow it. Tony tilled up the section of yard I had requested. It was really a site to behold. We didn't hit any limestone (miracle) and the tree branches were chewed up by the tiller without any problem. I now have a 12x8 feet patch of land that I can plant some fruits and vegetables. I am so excited!!! The baby wait hasn't really bothered me too much lately because I have been able to keep busy with other things. It will be good for me to hand a garden to tend to every day. It's also another way of marking time. Each sprout that comes up is showing the continual march of time. It used to bother me how quickly things passed. The good things and the bad. Right now it's not bothering me so much! I'm sure I will think differently once MayLing is home and the time slips away much sooner.

The 100 Good Wish Quilt swap has begun with my LID group (log in date). I received my first swatch on Thursday and I received 2 more today. How exciting! I need to get busy and send my squares out and start sending letters to friends requesting their participation. That will be so exciting to have everyone on board and sharing the experience with them.

I spent all day Saturday in my yard. No kidding. I've learned that my yard is a pain in the ass to mow. The front was pretty easy, but the back? As soon as I have some extra cash flow I am going to work on creating a paradise in the back yard. A paradise that doesn't require mowing. Walking paths, flowers, small ornamental trees...you name it, I'm going to utilize it. I am so burned! My shoulders are still beet red. Surprisingly it doesn't hurt, just kind of itchy.

For more info on Bai Jia Bei quilt, please see www.originalquilts.com and www.bugfabric.com. It's just too much fun!!

No comments: