Sunday, April 22, 2007

Peace

I have had such a sense of peace about the ever lengthening wait for MayLing. It's bizarre considering all the Debbie Downer's on the yahoo China chat groups that are prophesying a 2-3 year wait. It could actually stretch to 2 years, but I really doubt it. Something tells me there is going to be a speed up in the next few months and that we will be pleasantly surprised. The other night as I was getting ready for bed I felt this overwhelming sense of thankfulness and I was even glad for the wait. I'm glad the CCAA takes the time to knit our families together in such a way that we blend together. I'm not saying everyone's meeting goes off without a hitch, but every parent I have talked to so far has said that their child was the perfect one for their family. It's good to know.

The CCAA website has been down all weekend. The last time it was down this long (that I recall) was in February when they were loading all new referrals onto the system. I hope that we receive word tomorrow that there are new referrals. Referral day always feel like a little gift.

I have been LANDSCAPING. I'm not kidding. When I was in Daviess County last week I mentioned to one of the staff members at the hospital that I just had to buy a plant before heading home. She recommended a GREAT nursery to me. They had the best selection of trees and plants I have ever seen! I feel bad writing that since I should support our local family owned nurseries, but ours need to suck it up and do like the one in Jasper. Not only did they have Japanese Maples, they had different kinds of Japanese maples. All the maples were full and lush looking. I couldn't stop at buying a tree. I also bought a barberry bush (I've been wanting one for quite a while) and a golden cypress bush. I had seen the cypress at a church in town and have been trying to find one ever since. I finally found one at this nursery. I also bought some more Irish Moss to fill in between the stones in my walk way and 2 Lily of the Valley plants. I just love their fragrance...it's my favorite. Well, it's my second favorite. Peonies have always been my #1.

Since we have enjoyed dry 70 degree days now for several in a row, I took a chance at using Turf Builder on my yard. I'm rather skeptical since my yard is such a nightmare, but it doesn't hurt to try. After watering my weeds, I used the little spreader and prayed for the best. Please, God, let me have grass! I've also decided I can't live another summer without a garden. Yep, this is the same girl that used to threaten to cement the yard and paint it green (of course, this was before I actually had a yard). I really need to have the tree removed from the side yard before any decent garden can begin, but I think I will go ahead and prepare the dirt. Here's a list of what Miss Greedy wants: strawberries, roma tomatoes, yellow and red peppers, sweet corn, onions, rhubarb, green beans, garlic, honeydew and cantaloupe, and I'm sure if I have enough time even more will come to mind. I just think this would be a great activity to share with MayLing. Hopefully she will grow to appreciate growing your own vegetables. Now I just need to learn how to can my own food. It would also be nice to have some fruit trees. I do have an apple tree, but the apples produced last year didn't look so appetising. Maybe this year will be a surprise. Once I have my yard landscaped and a garden put in, I will post pictures on here. Heck, if I get some grass growing, I might just post those photos also!

No comments: