Sunday, April 1, 2007

No April Fool's Joke

I have learned my lesson! I was feeling so good last week that I really began to push myself. In fact, I felt so good Wednesday that it was almost as if I had never been sick, so what did I do? I went to the gym and walked a fast 2 miles around the track. I just felt so good. The next day, the good stopped and the gasping began once again. If that wasn't dumb enough, I spent nearly 3 hours in the yard yesterday because my crazy 68 year-old neighbor wanted to help me with my yard. I say crazy because I see her up on ladders cutting down large tree limbs. The lady is fearless! I love having her as a neighbor, but even I couldn't keep up with her yesterday. As soon as we finished I laid down on the couch and fell right to sleep. So, I am back to taking it easy.

I finished the book I was working on last week, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. Oh, I loved it! It made me weep (normally not a good thing with a book, but these were good tears). I started on another book, Will the Boat Sink the Water and I am really looking forward to digging into it. Since I have been couch bound most evenings, I have been crocheting up a storm. I bought some yarn for a friend's baby afghan, but I don't like the color. I think I will go ahead and finish it and take it to the orphanage. Kristen, if you read this, I am very particular about my baby afghans so it may take me a while to settle on a color for Cate, but I promise you will have it long before our babies come home!

It has been so pretty here! And I love watching my trees bloom. I will try to remember and take some photos of Spring before it is over. I just wish I could get out there and plant some flowers. This will likely be my last summer as a free woman so I am trying to get everything done before MayLing comes home!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You'll have plenty of time to finish the afghan, I'm sure! LOL!
K