Monday, April 9, 2007

CCAA updated




The CCAA has updated their website, but the updates aren't all that fabulous. They have only sent referrals for those logged in on October 25th and 26th, 2005. Over 4 weeks has passed and only 2 days were added. I am not bitter and I don't think they are being lazy. I really think they are overwhelmed with the number of dossiers they received at that time. For some reason everyone decided to apply in the fall of 2005 and it has slowed down the process.
Here's the update:
-They have completed the review of dossiers submitted by March 31, 2006 (for those
eagle-eyes out there, you might notice that date is unchanged from last month).
-They have placed/referred children to parents with a log in date of October 26, 2005. For the second month in a row my agency, FTIA, has not received any referrals. Their next log in dates are October 27th and November 8th. Hopefully next month will bring better news.

People that know I am adopting always ask me how old my daughter is going to be. Although we ask for a specific age range, China is ultimately the one that decides how old our children will be. Last night I dreamed that I had a referral in hand and it was for a 20 month old! I was so sad that I had already missed so much of my daughter's life. At least it beats the dream last week that I was 5 months pregnant!

No comments: