Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter



I've spent the evenings after work sitting on the couch for the last 3 weeks. Finally, yesterday afternoon I began to feel a bit better. The better I felt the more productive I became. By afternoon I had balanced my check book and paid off all the bills due this month...yep, it's only April 8th, but I think I'm done for the month (except for my license plate tax, had to save that one for another pay check!). I also set up a monthly budget plan designed by another adoptive parent. I am probably over due for that, but I want to know if there are any other places I can save money. This should point me in the right direction.
I washed my sheets and all the blankets on my bed (including one pillow). Then I went to the store and using my handy-dandy Kroger coupons managed to save $20 on groceries! Whoo-ah.
I managed to prepare not just sticky buns, but pineapple upside down cake before going out to a movie.
This morning I had to get up early for our annual Easter Egg hunt that was held at Sarah's house this year. Next year, I hope it will be at mine. I can hope that MayLing is home by then, but I really don't know. I managed to squeeze in a nice nap while visiting with the fam and got home in enough time to do all my cooking for the week: meatloaf, black and white vegetarian chili, spicy vegetable soup AND chicken and veggie burrito wraps. Yep, all in a few hours. When I got sick I had no food in the house and the first few days were really bad. I can't afford for that to happen when I have a child so I am trying to make food and freeze it for those times when things are lean, I'm tired or just don't feel good. Unfortunately, I've been sampling my own goods all evening and I'm so stuffed I really have a good reason for not being able to take a deep breath.

I've included a couple photos of my niece, Saige. Is she cute or what?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, she's cute!!! WHy wouldn't she be; she's a gilday girl. Oh I forgot, her last name isn't gilday.