Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A short letter to my local USCIS office:

YOU SUCK.

Sincerely,

Mad Mama

 

Ok, those of you that have known me for the past couple of years and have watched my many twists and turns through adoption-land, know the trouble I have had with my local USCIS office. 

About two weeks ago my coordinator emailed me to check on the status of my new 171H.  Oops, I'll get right on that.  The homestudy was done, I finished that a few months ago, I was just lazy about making copies of the rest of the stuff.  So, two weeks ago and with 6 weeks left until my expiration, I mailed my stuff off.  I received a letter today from the USCIS office and I stupidly hoped that it was my fingerprint appointment.  Now why would I have such a stupid thought?  They want more information.  Evidently they LOST the home study update that was sent in late April/early May.  What the hell?  So now I have less than a month before my stuff expires and I'm hoping they won't lose anything else.  I've contacted my home study peeps and I'm sure she will mail it off tomorrow or the next day.  Let's hope nothing else goes missing from my file.

Oh, but the good news is that I finally made it into the Review Room!  Whoo hoo!  That's pretty exciting and if I hadn't spent all night barfing, I might actually be a bit more psyched, but I don't want to mess up the tummy.  Let's just say I won't be eating hamburger again for a while.  Ugh.  The thought of that makes me want to puke all over again.  Unfortunately I have an aversion to puking in toilets (why would you stick your face where you normally poop?  I don't get it.) which made for a real messy clean-up.  I wish I could have called my mama for that one!

I ventured out this evening because I wanted to test if I was strong enough to return to work tomorrow.  I drove to the gas station because my gas light was on and I desperately wanted some 7-Up.  I look like hell, I know that.  I'm pasty white, nearly gray.  My hair is short and sticking up all over, my breath smells like puke and I'm wearing yesterday's undies and my jammies.  Yeah, so I'm looking pretty hot.  The guy behind the counter is Indian and says to me "very pretty picture, your license."  Are you freakin' kidding me?   I respond "yeah, I look a lot better when I don't have the flu".  I look like crap, my voice sounds like crap, and I smell like crap.  Yeah, it's a good day.  Can't wait to go back to work tomorrow... 

1 comment:

Angie said...

feel better friend!
Angie