Thursday, June 12, 2008

PSA

While there are a lot of male bloggers out there, adoption blogging still remains a woman's domain for the most part.  I have learned that I have a couple of men that follow my blog and as one woman told me why her husband reads "he thinks you're funny".  Michael reminded me this weekend that it has been a while I have had a poop story and while I probably have some butt-ammo on that one (especially since Michael introduced me to Kashi high fiber cereal.  Really?  Do we need more than 1/3 of our daily requirement in the first hour that we are awake?  I don't think so) because I had about 16-18 grams of fiber before 10 am yesterday.  Yikes. 

Anywho, I wanted to give the men the opportunity to "check out" before I go on.  The blogs during the month of June will primarily focus on women's health--or lack thereof.  There will be some information that men may not really want to know about women.  I've heard some men profess surprise to learn that women fart.  Are you kidding me?  I can out-fart about any man I know--and usually I'm holding back the big ones (I don't want to embarrass them).

So, today's PSA (public service announcement) is very specific to the female "parts" and may be a bit graphic for some.  I did get the affected party's expressed permission before retelling her harrowing account.  Her name or location will not be revealed.

If you are a girl, you know what this is:spongeAll of us have at least one because we often get them for free when we buy soap or "specialty" bath products.  I think that is code for overpriced, smelly stuff that we slather on our skin.  This woman relayed this story to me:

I was washing up this morning and I had one of those scrunchy wash thingys.  I usually have the rope around my wrist so I don't drop my scrunchy.  Well, after I finished washing south of the border I couldn't find the string.  I looked all over the shower floor and couldn't find it.  As I stood up I felt a pinch in my you know and spread my legs to check.  Sure enough, that little bastard was up there.  The rough end of it had gotten stuck up there and when I yanked on it (insert laughter on my part because I was picturing the worst tampon string ever), well, that scrunchy molested me.  It actually tore a piece of my skin out!  But that wasn't the worst part.  The worst part was as I was getting ready to leave for work--I used the bathroom and my pee burned so bad I was almost sick!  There should be a warning label on those things.    

So there you have it ladies--it's not the Salmonella on your cutting board or the floating poop particles on your toothbrush you need to worry about.  You really need to look at your more intimate products and make sure they can't hurt you!

No comments: