Sunday, June 8, 2008

Pace yourself

I'm one of those all or none kind of people.  I either want to mow the entire yard at one time or not at all.  Once I start on something I want to complete it.  I've been known to sit through really horrible movies and read through really horrible books just so I could finish them.  There isn't much that I start that I don't finish. 

In the spring (uh, two weeks ago) when the weather was nice I just didn't have the physical or emotional energy to work on my yard.  I was exhausted for a number of reasons, some that I have shared on here, many that I have not.  Because of that, I missed the planting and yard prep season.  So what did I decide to do?  I decided to wait until it is in the 90s to suddenly attack my overgrown weed plot that used to be a garden.  In stead of pacing myself over a couple of days, I decided to do it all today.  In the 90s.  I didn't feel anything but the sweat on my brow and the sun on my neck until I finished.  Then I pulled my work gloves off and noticed that I went beyond blistering my skin (I probably blistered two hours ago), I tore the flesh deep into my hand.  On both hands where the fingers and palm meet, I am raw.  I guess I won't be mowing the grass today...or tomorrow. 

1 comment:

kitchu said...

ooooowwwwwiiiiiieeee.... so sorry. and yeah, i've got the damn yard bug lately too- and had to wait 'til it was 95 degrees to get it. ugh.