Sunday, May 27, 2007

Life Lessons

Sometimes I think there is a lesson to be learned from things that are happening around me, but I am too stubborn or stuck in my own feelings to pay attention. Sometimes I need to be reminded that life is good. I need reminded of all the blessings that I've had over the last year, especially when I consider how difficult the previous 2-3 years were. I can now look back and realize that the painful demise of some very close relationships was necessary in order to get me to this place. Had those events not happened, I would not have been prepared for MayLing. I also would not have met some really great people. For the last week, I've been smacked upside the head about this numerous times. Last Sunday, Matt preached about the Old Testament and our place in this history. He said there has never been a time when Jesus has not been a part of your life. At times when life is so painful, it is hard to believe that. But all week, that message kept coming back to me. Even Friday as I was driving and despairing I turned on the radio and Denise was the afternoon DJ (how on earth were you able to do High Octane AM and the afternoon show????) and she was playing Tunnel by Third Day. It wasn't the first time I had heard the song, but it was like I was hearing it for the first time. Wow. That was cool.

There's a light at the end of this tunnel
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
for you, for you
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
Shinin' bright at the end of the tunnel
For you, for you
So keep holdin on

You've got your disappointments and sorrows
You ought to share the weight of that load with me
Then you will find the light of tomorrow
Brings a new life for your eyes to see

Even today at church I met an older couple and they were just incredible. I listened to their story and heard the woman say "it was a God thing" and I knew just what she meant. Although I know things will work out for the best, patience with myself has always eluded me.

No comments: