Tuesday, March 13, 2007


Well, this week is spring break for all the local campuses which means that half the town (in addition to the IU students) leave for a week. This includes the physicians. I was to return to the walk-in clinic today to be checked again. After waiting for over 2 hours I finally saw a physician, but unfortunately, it wasn't the same one that I saw last week. She said based on my present symptoms, she doesn't feel that I have pneumonia (again, no fever and no cough). She decides it is cardiac because I have a repaired congenital heart defect. Soooo, she orders an echo. No biggie. I go home, my friend Denise comes over and we enjoy iced Starbucks tea while sitting outside in the 72 degree sunshine until the time comes for the second appointment. Like I suspected, there were no significant changes from my previous echo. The doctor calls me an hour later and tells me she wants me to have a PFT (pulmonary function test). I've already admitted I have asthma so I am not sure what the PFT will prove. Maybe that I have asthma? I'm a bit frustrated as you can probably tell. As of this afternoon, I am off work indefinitely. That is very scary for me to hear. I'll keep you updated as soon as I know more.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Love the LID ticker! Sorry the dr didn't have more conclusive info for you.