Friday, March 9, 2007

There's No One Like Mom


My Mom has said to me on a number of occasions,"You never outgrow Mom" and she is right. No matter how old you are, there is still apart of you that will need your mother. Well, this week I needed mine. She came over yesterday afternoon and immediately began mothering. It's amazing how much better I felt after having her here 24 hours. Suddenly, I felt like I was finally beating the pneumonia. That, dear friends, is the power of Mom.

In the time that she was here, she sat with me as I gasped for breath, she did my grocery shopping, washed the dishes, did several loads of laundry including my sheets, baked her killer macaroni and cheese, vacuumed the entire house, and told me to just lie down and get my rest. Wow. Thanks Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. I was happy to do it b/c I am your mom and I love being your mom. BTW, the best part of our time together was the grocery shopping trip. Where is the pic I took of you in the motorized wheelchair at Krogers?????