Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy 1 month LID!!


Today is my one month LID anniversary! I would say that I only have 15 more months to go, but FTIA updated their website on Friday and are now advising people to expect wait times of 17-18 months. For those with an LID of Late 2005, they are currently waiting 16-18 months for a referral. I've been told that the backlog is due to an influx of dossiers submitted in March 2006. If that is true, once they have cleared all of March (they are currently up to reviewing those with LIDs of March 31st), then things should speed up. Personally, I still believe we will see a bigger impact after May 1st of this year. At that time, the new guidelines will go into effect, and of the people that are currently logged in, 50-60% of us would be ineligible (that includes me since I am single). By late summer/early fall they should be catching up. I still hope to see a referral in 12 months. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out of click and paste things to this blog or I would attach the graph showing the last 5 years of LID/Referral dates through my agency. In that time, the CCAA has fluctuated between 18 month wait times and 6 month wait times. Can you believe it? I know not to expect 6 months based on what is happening now, but I would be ecstatic!

For those interested in a pneumonia update, I return to the doctor tomorrow. I did start feeling more like myself yesterday and not quite as short of breath while doing nothing. But, I have started sleeping more again and I'm still short of breath walking in the house and walking to the mailbox is a special treat. I finished my antibiotics today and will talk to the doctor about ordering a CT scan. People have been telling me about some atypical pneumonias that have been diagnosed lately. My mom told me of a case she heard of today: a woman was off work 3 weeks for shortness of breath and weakness. X-ray, blood work were negative and she didn't have a fever. Sound familiar? They finally did a CT scan and found fungal pneumonia. For those of you that do pray, please pray that I improve quickly. I do need to return to work and all this time off is depleting the time off that I was going to spend with MayLing.

Thank you to my friends Michael, Rhonda, Denise, and Sherry for visiting and bringing me food and other treats. It is greatly appreciated. And thank you to those that call and just chat. I love to hear about life on the outside...especially since my world is pretty much limited to my house.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary! Yeah, one month down!