Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's with great joy...

that I finally get to let the cat out of the bag!  Kristen received a referral on a little girl just over a week ago and I couldn't be more thrilled!  You can read all about it on her blog that I linked above.  I can keep a secret, but I sure don't like to!

She called me on the Friday before last while I was leading a class of pharmacists and nurses.  Since Mom was diagnosed with cancer I have started keeping my cell phone with me at work, but I forgot to turn my ringer off.  All of the sudden "Baby Got Back" started playing.  Yes, that is really her ring tone.  I gave it to her and another adoption buddy so I would always know when they were calling.  Anyway, the class started snickering as I walked out of the classroom to find out what was going on.  The first thing she asked was, "are you sitting down?".  What???

Once I was firmly planted against the wall she shared the news.  I was and am still very excited for her!  Please stop by and congratulate her on this wonderful news. 

I can't wait to meet her, Kristen!

1 comment:

kitchu said...

Congrats to your friend (who has my name, no less :O))... I popped over to tell her congrats too!