Saturday, May 31, 2008

...you take your uterus out and you shake it all about

Well, we finally have a date.  As much as I wish that sounded like something good, it's the date of my mom's surgery.  And as scary as it is to have major surgery I am looking forward to one thing:  seeing my mom drunk off her a** from a narcotic pain pump.  She's isn't going to know what hit her!  Whenever we are all together she always keeps her eyes open to any shenanigans that Dad, Sarah and I might get into.  She's afraid (rightfully so) that we are teaming up on her.  Well, I dare her to try to keep even one lid open for us while on the goofy juice. 

I always thought it was fun trying to get g'ma drunk on the holidays, but this is going to be so much better.  So, on June 24th I hope you will join with me and raise your glass (or whatever your chemical agent of choice) and toast my mom as her uterus takes one for the team.  Thanks, Uterus, we had some good times and I'll never forget your contribution to my own life.  Why, without you, I wouldn't be here! 

Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm kissing that baby goodbye. Look out dumpster. Join in with all the other guts and limbs.

kitchu said...

Love your attitude- you are cracking me up. My damn uterus has caused me nada but pain my puberty ridden life. Wish I could give mine up!

I will be thinking of you guys on the 24th. How is freaking JUNE already???? Why is 08 going by so fast???

C's Mom said...

Wishing you mom the best as she gets rid of her 'baggage'.