Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Maternity Leave planned


As you may remember, I lost my maternity leave last year when I lost my job. I had about six weeks saved up in "sick" time and another month in PTO--I was sitting pretty for having only saved for about a year. I'm still a bit miffed about losing it and while I realize that I will likely save up the required time while I continue with my 4-5 year sentence wait for MayLing.

I did learn, however, that the great state of Indiana is finally adopting a practice that is in place in many other states: incarcerated mothers get to keep their kids with them in special prison units until the child is 18 months. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? If I plan things just right...after my final I-600A application and fingerprinting...I could get 18 whole months with babygirl! Of course, MayLing would be an only child since I would be disqualified from ever adopting again, but just think of the bonding time we would have together!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

3 hots and a cot AND your baby girl? Could life get any better?