Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy 15 Month LIDversery to me!

fifteen Wow, this is becoming a habit.  It's been over a week since I last blogged--I'm sorry.  I promise to work on that this week.  The truth is I have a lot to say, but by the time I get to the keyboard I am too overwhelmed that my left brain doesn't recall any of the witty banter it was exchanging with the right brain.  So, here I sit with nothing to say.

Here is one random thought I've been meaning to mention--I think I have a teensy weensy bit of dyslexia.  I check your blogs every day, I truly do, but if your blog requires a "word verification" code in order to leave a comment and the comment is longer than 4 letters and squiggly as hell--well, I can't handle it.  You ought to see the number of times I type it out in frustration, submit it and watch it spit out a new code.  So, if you haven't heard anything from me, it's nothing personal, I am just incapable to leaving comments right now.  For some reason they've started adding more letters and the script is very distorted and no, I'm not a whiny old hag. 

Have you ever clicked on the wheelchair sign next to the "word verification" spot?  No?  Well, I dare you!  Don't type anything in, just click on the wheelchair.  It's kind of creepy, but I don't want to give it away...you'll just have to check for yourself. 

I got some new deodorant yesterday, which really isn't a big deal except that the deodorant I got a few weeks ago has really wrecked my pits.  They changed the formula for my usual deodorant and now it is wet and sticky for the first 8 hours of the day.  After that it sets in like craft glue and when I attempted to shave my pits the day after wearing the new deodorant I took off a couple of layers of skin.  No joke--my sister is my witness and saw the chunks of missing underarm.  So I picked up a new one yesterday--different brand and everything.  Well, I think I got a men's deodorant because I realize now that the reason I chose it is because it smells like my favorite cologne--on a man.  Between the men's deodorant, the sink repair that I completed on Mother's Day AND purchasing my first gas grill yesterday, well, I'm feeling very dudesque. 

The grill has given me a hyper-inflated sense of self confidence when it comes to cooking.   Truth is, I sweat it everytime I have someone over for dinner.  I want it to be perfect, but now that I have the grill I feel invincible.  At the very least, I can blame the bad food on the grill. 

My next plan: patio furniture! 

1 comment:

Terri said...

Erica,
15 Months down and counting..........
I love the deodorant story, too funny. And just to let you know your site has the squiggly word verification too! Have a great week!
Terri