Friday, August 1, 2008

Hi, my name is Erica and I'm addicted...

to Chinese food.  I'm starting to get embarrassed because I am now visiting my local establishment about once a week.  Perhaps I shouldn't be embarrassed, but I get tired of pretending to actually browse the take-out menu when I have absolutely no intention of even trying most of those foods.  It's not that I think I won't like it and it's that I am afraid of it (puh-leeze, I've eaten chicken's feet prepared every possibly way in Hong Kong in addition to duck's tongue, duck's brain and an assortment of other unidentified foods I'd rather not know about.  I'm not gustatorily shy), but for $8 a pop I want to have the most enjoyment out of every meal I buy so that means buying what I really, really like. 

For the longest time I celebrated my Friday nights going to an east-side establishment because they most resembled the HK style noodles I have grown to love.  For some reason it has become my comfort food and by Friday nights, baby, I need some comfort.  But after a little Chinese restaurant opened less than 2 miles from my home with a similar style of food I began frequenting it.  A couple of weeks a go I was slightly embarrassed by the frequency of my visits so I attempted the east side only to learn they were under renovation.  I swallowed my pride and returned to the neighborhood place. 

Has it been 10 minutes yet?  I think my order is ready.  I'll talk to ya'll later. 

1 comment:

Terri said...

Erica,too funny! You made me think of the episode on Sex and the City where Miranda orders Chinese from her favorite restaurant, once again and the girls says,"I know I know number... in brown sauce, apartment #, etc" and laughs!
Here's to comfort,you go girl!! You deserve it!!
Hope you are well!
Terri