Monday, August 18, 2008

Bit of a Break

I needed to take a bit of a blogger break.  Nothing was really on my mind, which was exactly the reason I needed a break.  Very little is happening in adoption land and my personal life has become rather boring so I decided to take some time off.

I did celebrate my 18 month LID last Tuesday.  Honestly, it's hard to believe it has been that long already.  Currently the wait is now 30.5 months for a referral, so as you can see, I still have a ways to go!  That's ok; I'm patient.  It will be interesting to see what happens after the Olympics.  I don't believe that the flood gates will open per se, but I do believe that we might see a few more referrals or LIDs trickle through in the coming months and hopefully next year we will actually see things improve.  18

I have been working a lot of overtime at work--and evenings--and weekends--and on-call.  I don't like it, but it is only temporary and I remind myself that the money goes right into my baby fund.  I was scheduled to come off on call this morning at 7 am, but I woke up at 6:48 and decided to pop the battery out 12 minutes earlier (yes, it's easier to pop the battery out than figure out how to turn it off).   

My birthday is in less than two weeks and I'm looking forward to spending some time with my family.  This time of year is my favorite in this city and my favorite festival of the year is being held on my B-day this year.  How special am I?   

2 comments:

Terri said...

Erica,
Happy Belated 18 month LID Anniversary! I completely understand you wanting to take a break, 29 months into it, I feel the same way often! Have a good one and do something nice for yourself! Happy Early Birthday!!
Terri

Unknown said...

You're in my thoughts, Erica.