Monday, November 10, 2008

Neglected, but not for forgotten

Yes, I know I have been neglecting this blog.  There is a reason, and it is a pretty darn good reason. 

In about a month from now my life is going to get pretty crazy.  And believe it or not, I fully intend to drag you down with me.  Why keep the crazy fun to myself?!?  Stay tuned for more details (or directions...hard so say where I am going to land).

And for a change of subject...what is with all the people suddenly buying guns post-Obama election?  Really, you think you need an automatic weapon to hunt with?  Are you serious?  I believe in our amendment rights, but I honestly don't see the sport in buying/selling weapons whose sole purpose is to kill people.  I totally support hunting (ok, not really, but people have to eat and I'm too much of a weenie to kill my own meat.  I can't even touch the raw, nicely packaged chicken I buy from the market--the texture totally weirds me out.  I'd probably be a vegasaurus if I had to kill my own food) so I would not advocate taking guns from people.  If you don't know what I'm talking about click here.  Obama never said he was going to take away our right to bear arms, but if city dwellers think they need an Uzi to take down a deer--well, they obviously aren't hunting for the meat or the pelt.  These types of weapons were designed for warfare, not for home protection or sport.  And what is wrong with requiring a background check?  I work as a nurse and it is frightening the number of crazies that walk among us.  Some of them even sound normal some days (this is not a slam against people with mental illness; I'm just saying that some people aren't safe with dull butter knives).  Or what about the guy down the road that was released from prison after only serving two years for manslaughter?  Don't the rest of us deserve the right to be safe? 

Since it is an amendment right I can't see how Obama (or any other politician) will ever take our guns away, so why are all these people stockpiling? 

No comments: